From: Teresa Covas [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 10:47 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] KETONES IN 4 HOURS??????

Luckily I've never suffered from DKA in the 17 years I've had IDDM.  I
rarely produce any ketones even when my blood sugar reaches very high
levels
over 400, but I think that's because I will become immediately aware of
the
high blood sugar.  I have even woken from a deep sleep with high blood
sugar
symptoms.  <snip>