Re: [IP] amazing story about er doctor

It's me Amanda, sorry to hear about your stomach problems.  I have had
very similar reactions in an ER.  The last time the doctor tried to give
me Humulin N to treat DKA :(  I was fighting with him that I needed
Humalog.  He did not know anything about my insulin pump.  I have had ER
doctors try to give me diet gingerale to treat low blood sugar and had
my  mom pulling her hair out in disbelief.

email @ redacted >Subject: [IP] amazing story about er doctor
>Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 17:08:44 EDT > >haha >last night i was in the ER
for my belly well anyways they measured my blood >and it was abotu 15 or
so ( 270) the doctor asked me if my blood was always >that high and i
said no its because i have been drinking juice ( gatorade) >and didnt
have enough insulin. >He told me ( and these are his exact words) Juice
should not raise your >blood sugar. >Maybe he forgot to finish the
sentence or whatever but me and Joel just >looked at each other and where
like hmm, this guy is going to diagnose my >stomach problems when he
doesnt even know this about diabetes?? > >well i had to share that for
yall >thought someone would get a good kick out of it! >jennee