[IP] hypo's in non-DM'rs

Dear Shannon,

Prior to being diagnosed with Type I, I was definitely hypoglycemic.  I
remember quite vividly having to come home and eating anything in sight
because I was so shaky and weak.  Others suggested that I should go to a
doctor about it (hypoglycemia).  So, I also remember my feeling of shock
when, maybe 6 mos. or so later, I was dx'd wit Type I diabetes.  "Doesn't
that mean I'm _hyperglycemic_?"  I asked the doctor at Penn State's student
health center.  He confirmed that hypoglycemia is sometimes a precursor for
Type I diabetes.

Jeanne K.