[IP] Insulin to cause weight loss? Was "Law and Order"

I, too, have heard someone talking about a non-diabetic using insulin to
lose weight.  I was very puzzled by this for a long time and then it occured
to me that perhaps what the individual used was injections of glycogen to
lose weight.  Since glycogen is used by diabetics AND it's injected I could
see how someone might be a tad confused. (Even the writers of Law and Order)

Could glycogen be used for weight loss?  Anyone know???