[IP] hypo's in non-DM'rs

Has anyone else heard that it's common to become hypoglecemic before the
onset of DM?  I was told that it was a sign that the pancreas was beginning
to malfunction by over producing insulin before it petered out all-
together.  This makes sense in my case as I remember having "Panic Attacks"
before DM, but now that I look back on it, they were surely low blood
 At any rate, I suspect this happens to diabetics who become type 1 at a
later age since the process is much more gradual when you are older.
kindest regards,