Re: [IP] suggested lab tests for Type I

In a message dated 7/17/01 9:57:58 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I'm seeing a new endo today and want to be sure that she runs
 all the recommended tests for someone with long-term IDDM.
 Can anyone provide a comprehensive list (or good website) of the
 names of the tests and normal ranges for results? >>

Hi Colleen

You can go to the American Diabetes Association's web site (www.diabetes.org)
and look up the Standards of Care for recommended tests overall. Other tests
may be called for, depending on what medications you take. As for normal
ranges, labs will differ, so you'll need to know what is normal for your lab.
My lab gives me a sheet detailing my test results, with normal ranges listed

Jan and Elvis