[IP] insulin pens

From: "Heather" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Insulin Pens

With all the talk lately about what people carry with them, I noticed
several people carry an insulin pen.  I understand that this is probably in
case your pump decides to malfunction, but that's about all I know.  I've
been pumping since March, but my endo never once mentioned a back up plan in
case of pump failure.  I will definitely ask about it at my next appointment
in September, but would like to know a little more about them now.  If you
can provide me with any info on the pen, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks...  Heather  :-)
The fact is that pumps are electromechanical and can fail. haviing a pen is a
good backup plan. I'm surprised your trainer didn't go over this with you.