Re: [IP] summer basals/swimming

> In a message dated 7/16/01 3:22:45 PM Central Daylight Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> > When swimming, she usually is just checks periodically and
> > boluses 30 minutes to 1hour's worth of basal to keep her bg's level.
> I thought Lily did the 4 hour thing with Regular?

She has only done that when we go river running. When she is just
swimming (beach, pool, waterpark, etc...) she just checks as she
feels necessary and boluses to cover -- sometimes she boluses a
little extra to cover advanced basal if she knows she will be
inactive, or not if she will really be swimming. Usually the latter.
It's never been a problem except for the river running where it can
be all day long with no opportunity at all to bolus. The 4 hour thing
works fine and will also work when your pump dies for a couple of
days, but it's only useful when you know you will be unhooked for
extended periods of time where the activity won't burn up the carbs