RE: [IP] Pilots & Scuba diving (again)

David Zakary [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> A pilot and a scuba diver. I'm envious. Diabetic pilots are
> very very rare
> in Canada.

Oh, good!  I have a non-DM related question for you.  A while ago, I saw a
watch made by Seiko that was described as a pilot's watch.  It had all sorts
of interesting things on the dial, but there was one thing I didn't quite
understand: it was water resistant to 100 meters deep.  My question is, why
would a pilot's watch need to be able to withstand water pressure to 100
meters?  One wouldn't normally expect to be flying there, would one?

Just curious . . .

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR