[IP] How low can a non-DM'er get?

I have a question for the group, especially those of you who work in the medical
field.  How low can a person who does not have diabetes and does not take insulin
The reason I ask is, my niece said some troubling things to me this weekend.  My
father-in-law is diabetic and she said she had been using his meter to test. She
said she was "afraid she was diabetic too" because she got dizzy, had headaches, and
her sugar was always low.  When I asked her how low, she said she had tested 45 and
27. My niece is only twelve, and I know that she sometimes lies when she is needing
attention.  Usually I just try to listen to what she means instead of what she says
and give her the attention she needs.  Once I asked her mother about something I
thought she was lying about and got her into trouble (which didn't help our
relationship much).
Can a hypoglycemic person have lows like that? If she is indeed hypoglycemic and is
confusing that with diabetes because she has seen me get low, then I would like to
make sure my sister-in-law (her mom) takes her to the doctor.  She's not the most
concerned parent in the world.
Let me know what you think.

Sherry C