[IP] summer basals/swimming

We recently moved to a new home in a new city. Our new house has a pool, and
my 9 yr old son, who used to be a couch potato, is now swimming every day,
several times a day.  My question is: how do you set new basals for this
kind of situation, where there doesn't seem to be a "vanilla day"?  He may
swim one day in the morning and evening, the next day in the afternoon,
several times, some days only in the evening.  Plus he seems to be eating
constantly, which doesn't help in figuring out rates.  Any advice is