Re: [IP] Head coldwhat can I take

In a message dated 7/16/01 12:08:40 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> What does one do for a head
> > cold with nasal
> > congestion?

This sounds terrible and nasty (no, not like x-rated...LOL), but what my
grandmother does is she like gargles salt water through her nose!  I know, I
know, eewwwwwww!!  That's what I say, but it sure does help her!  I tried it
once, I admit, and I also admit I felt like I was drowning....LOL  But then
again, I have to hold my nose when I jump in the pool (but I can swim under
water with no problem and without holding my nose!).  Anyway, she like
inhales the water through her nose and then -- yes, it's gross -- spits it
out her mouth..... YMMV!
PS  Don't worry, you won't drown!  LOL...