Re: [IP] Freestyle & heat

>How can I keep my meter cool when I'm on the golf course for 4 1/2 hours and
>no shade?  Would a Frio work?  Are they big enough?

I had a similar problem today when I sat through a minor league Sunday
afternoon ballgame. I do have a large Frio pack (that I was not using) that
i am going to try next time I'm in this situation. It is certainly large
enough for the FreeStyle meter, lancet and strips.

Interesting, near the end of the game I tested even though the meter
registered too hot (99 mg/dL). 30 minutes later after the meter was cool I
retested at 96 mg/dL. I'm not going to draw any general conclusions from
this single data point but in this case I would not have made the wrong
decision if I had trusted the hot meter.