[IP] Freestyle & heat

I was out golfing today, 90 degree plus heat.  I walk and carry my golf bag.
I wanted to check my sugar with my Freestyle but the meter kept showing it was
too hot.

How can I keep my meter cool when I'm on the golf course for 4 1/2 hours and
no shade?  Would a Frio work?  Are they big enough?

Also, with carrying my bag with all the clubs and balls and I always carry 2
juice boxes and other snacks that I might need, I'd like to try to stay away
from any more stuff that's heavy and will weigh me down.