[IP] Hi

Hi Patti,

You sound like my twin.  I was almost 8 when I was diagnosed and have had
diabetes for 31 years.  I also have retinopathy and am blind in my left eye,
but it has been stable since 1982.  Weird how similar!!!  I am very thankful
for the vision I have in my right eye.  I had cataract surgery when I was 35
and my vision is now 20/25 - just need reading glasses!  I was legally blind
in both eyes during the "bad years" with the retinopathy for about 18
months.  What a scary time as I am sure you know.

I certainly agree with you about this disease.  I will not let it handicap
me or consume my life.  People always want to feel sorry for me and I find
myself reassuring them that I am just fine.  Life could certainly be a whole
lot worse.  I just started on my pump in February and also wish I had
started pumping a long time ago.  I have a teal green MM 508.  I would never
want to go back to shots!!

My husband loves me being on the pump too.  He sincerely can sleep better at
night - no worries about me dropping too low.

Just wanted to say hi and welcome!

Charlevoix, Michigan