[IP] Re: New Minimed Infusion Sets

Jan wrote:

<<  I don't remember what it was called, it doesn't have a 4" pigtail like
sof-set, its flush to your tummy.  <snip>Has anyone ever tried it?  It also
has a 90 degree insertion.  <snip>  I'm new at this, I've only done four
insertions and I really depend on the inserter for the sof-set.  I mentioned
this to my CDE and she gave me one!!!  I'd love to hear from anyone who has
tried these.  Also, I'm 5' 7", does everyone use the 42" tubing~there's so
much of it, I don't know what to do with it all.>>

Jan, the new set is called the QuickSet and I like it very much.  I believe
it comes in 2 needle lengths, 6mm and 9mm.  I've used the 9mm.  There are 2
tubing choices also, the 24" and the 42".  These sets are also very easy to
insert without the inserter, I don't have the inserter since I've not been
able to place an order for the sets either (I traded some other sets to a
friend for the QuickSets, so that I could try them).  As far as the longer
tubing, I just tuck it in my pants and don't worry about it.  In fact, I
prefer the longer tubing over the shorter since it gives you more options on
how to handle it with your clothes, and I'm 5' 4".  One other thing about
these sets which does take some time getting used to is the disconnect.  You
have to twist it on and off.  This takes a little practice and a light
touch, but once you get the hang of it, it's very easy.