[IP] Re: New Minimed Infusion Sets

Jan wrote:

<<  I don't remember what it was called, it doesn't have a 4" pigtail like
sof-set, its flush to your tummy.  <snip>Has anyone ever tried it?  It also
has a 90 degree insertion.  <snip>  I'm new at this, I've only done four
insertions and I really depend on the inserter for the sof-set.  I mentioned
this to my CDE and she gave me one!!!  I'd love to hear from anyone who has
tried these.  Also, I'm 5' 7", does everyone use the 42" tubing~there's so
much of it, I don't know what to do with it all.>>

Jan, the new set is called the QuickSet and I like it very much.  I believe
it comes in 2 needle lengths, 6mm and 9mm.  I've used the 9mm.  There are 2
tubing choices also, the 24" and the 42".  These sets are also very easy to
insert without the inserter, I don't have the inserter since I've not been
able to place an order for the sets either (I traded some other sets to a
friend for the QuickSets, so that I could try them).  As far as the longer
tubing, I just tuck it in my pants and don't worry about it.  In fact, I
prefer the longer tubing over the shorter since it gives you more options on
how to handle it with your clothes, and I'm 5' 4".