Re: [IP] cholesterol question from Amy

Amy wrote:Mine just came back at LDL-220 (normal under 200) and
HDL- 76 (normal under 70), however b/c my coronary
risk ratio is only 2.89 (no risk whatsoever), my
doctor was very happy with my cholesterol levels

I believe that it must be total cholesterol should be lower than 200.  My
endo requires that LDL be lower than 100, and HDL should be higher than 45.
My last counts were:  Total - 159; LDL - 80; and HDL - 75.  I was told not
only by my endo but by other medical personnel not associated with his
office that my counts were excellent.  Btw, I lowered my total and LDL.  The
only change I made in my diet was adding 1 glass of metamucil each day...
must be kind of like the adding oatmeal claim.  Go figure, but it worked for