[IP] Re: D-Tron and cracks

David Bellman wrote:

<<You might want to be careful with the
D-Tron I heard that though they claim to be water
proof There is a crack somewhere in the housing. Water
is getting in and causing the pump to deliver more
insulin. I think they have a warning on their web site
about it.>>

Actually, this is not correct.  The issue with the cracks in the housing is
with the H-Tron and H-Tron Plus pumps, not the D-Tron.  So far the D-Tron
appears to be fine.  Some users have reported that when using the H-Tron in
the water, they received whole cartridges of insulin due to this
malfunction, which Disetronic has not been able to replicate.  Disetronic
has, however, changed their recommendation of using the H-Tron pumps in the
water due to this.  Again, this recommendation does not affect the D-Tron
pump, which is a newer model, just released this year.