[IP] Re: insulin refill problem

One helpful tip I received not long after Claire was dx, was to buy the
insulin cartridges, instead of the 10ml size vials.  She used only 2 units
per day of Regular, thus I would use one 150 unit cartridge and then throw
the rest away after one month at room temperature.  One box of 5 cartridges
was similar in price to one vial of insulin.  I also used NPH this way, even
though she used a higher amount, it saved on the wastage.  It was also a
nicer size to carry around when we were out and about.
Barbara, Mum of Claire 7

<< I got this message from 1 of the participants in my discussion list.  Can
 anybody offer some help?