Re: [IP] Fw: [FriendsWithDiabetes] Insulin Refill problem

<<Lily's claim is that the insulin is good until the expiration date as long
it is refrigerated AND UNOPENED .  . . Once the vial is opened (you pop the
little cap off), then the Lily says it's good for only 28 days, even if kept
refrigerated.  >>

Yes, this is what Lilly told me when I called their 800# and asked about
this. I always was able to get new bottles from my pharmacy each month even
though with the amount of insulin I was taking I still had some left over
each month.  My endo also recommends not keeping an opened bottle longer
than a month.