Re: [IP] Popping Humalog

> Where in the world did she get the insulin and supplies? Hard to imagine
> kid giving herself a shot willingly.
> Kay

I guess she had been on some kind of medication a couple years prior that
caused the pancreas to either stop producing insulin or it made it not
produce enough.  Consequently she had been on insulin at that time.  After
she stopped the other meds--her need for insulin shots stopped also.  I
don't have all of the information and no--I don't know what medication it
was she had been on.  All I know is that her mother told us that she had
been on insulin a year or two before and still had the meter, etc.  All she
did is picked up a refill of the insulin which was still on file for her at
the pharmacy (She was a teenager--16 or 17).  And since she had done the
shots before it wasn't so hard for her to resume the whole routine at camp.

I would say her mindset was not the normal mindset of a child or teen.  When
she got home she was so mad that her mother made her come home that she set
her mother's bed on fire--while her mother was in it--she woke up in time
and was not hurt but this young girl had some real problems.