[IP] How low can you go?

In a message dated 7/13/2001 12:41:35 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I just got my last A1c results back after 8 months on the pump.  It was
>    This is only down from a 6.9

Only down from 6.9?  ONLY down from 6.0?!?!?!
6.0 is GREAT!!!

Recently my husband and I were discussing the idea that A1c reductions are
harder to achieve the closer you go to normal A1c levels (i.e. it's a lot
harder to get a drop from 6.9 to 6.0  than it is to get a drop from 10.9 to
10 , or mayber even 10.9 to 9 or 8).  This seems to be true, IN OUR VERY
LIMITED EXPERIENCE . . . it's only been 8 months since Katie was dx'd . . .
We were wondering if this seems to be valid based on the experiences of all
of you folks who have been dealing with the challenges fo managing A1cs for
many years????

PumpMama to Katie (age 10, dx'd 11-00) and joyfully pumping since 6-1-01 with
"Elvis" (Animas R-1000A)