Re: [IP] Re: Diabetic cat needs a home

In a message dated 7/12/01 9:25:15 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Nonetheless, my officemate has a diabetic cat that needs a home...

For any of you considering taking this precious kitty, please just let me
tell you that caring for a diabetic cat is NOT difficult AT ALL, especially
since we know symptoms, etc.  Of course there is the giving of shots and
having to be home for it, etc, but it really isn't as bad as it sounds!  In
fact, every single diabetic cat I know and have read about just LOVES their
shot, including my Nemo!!
Nemo is my male kitty and is 14 years old.  He's been diabetic for three
years now and is living a very healthy and happy life (although he is just
extrememly spoiled rotten!).  He uses 70/30 insulin twice a day!
Again, if anyone takes this cat which I hope some kind hearted person does,
just remember how much this kitty will love you and cuddle with you, etc....
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.  Jenny S also has a
diabetic pet, although it's a puppy.  There are also mailing lists online for
people with diabetic pets!  It's a wonderful feeling knowing you are saving
an animals life and getting love at the same time!  I could never imagine my
life any other way than it is right now with me and my diabetic kitty.....LOL
 Of course, he got D because he wanted to be just like his mommy, you know!!