Re: [IP] scuba diving

> Hi!
>
> I'm taking these scuba diving classes and everyone has to fill out
> these medical sheets. Of course, because of my diabetes my doctor
> has to fill out a special form.  These forms state that scuba diving
> is contraindicated in diabetics on insulin therapy (because of
> hypoglycemia), so my doctor will not approve me diving. I've chosen
> to dive anyway.   I'm planning on disconnecting an hour before
> diving (I always disconnect when I swim) and eating something small.
>  Does anyone have any experience with this or suggestions?  I would
> really appreciate any assistance.
>
> Dene

Yes, I'm currently corresponding privately with a diabetic instructor
who is asking the same questions. I will copy you privately (and
anyone else that is interested) with the questions and answers. I'm a
former dive instructor and my daughter(18yo, pumping 7 years) has
been skin diving since age 12, and was certified as an advanced diver
about a year and a half ago.

Michael