Re: [IP] Being prepared

A couple of addenda:

One of the reasons I carry so much stuff with
me is that I've found that for purposes of
organization it's much better to have every-
thing I use in one place. That way I don't
have to remember whether I left my meter in
my purse or in the car, etc. Everytime I need
to do something diabetes-related, I just look
in the kit.

Also, I may carry more stuff ON me than some
people do because for the most part I get around
by walking or public transport. This means that
I need to carry stuff, rather than keeping it
in the car, and it also means that in case of
emergency it could take me a pretty long time
to get home. I live and work on opposite sides
of the San Francisco Bay, so if a disaster happened
while I was at work that knocked out BART and/or
the Bay Bridge, I'd be stranded for hours, possibly
overnight. The 1989 Loma Prieta quake knocked out
the bridge for a month and BART for several hours
(mostly because the track had to be inspected),
so this is not a terribly far-fetched scenario.

Enjoying thinking about disaster,

/Janet Lafler