[IP] husbands' experiences with diabetic pregnancy

We aren't married yet, but plan to be soon, and would like to have kids soon
after that (lots of them :) I hope), so my boyfriend and I were discussing
dm pregnancy the other day.  I tried to explain what is "complicated" and
"high risk" about the whole thing, and why there are precautions and what
the precautions are and how to be prepared...and what the husband's role is
and what is expected of him.  Can anyone give me that perspective?  I really
had no idea what to tell him.  I only briefly explained the risks if one is
not in tight control, and also what kinds of measures one takes to be
careful- ie, more dr appointments, etc. I know more testing is required and
a lot of adjusting doses, but that's about as far as my knowledge goes.  I
would just like to give him an accurate picture of what his role entails
when the time comes, and what to expect and what the risks are.