Re:[IP] Popping Humalog

A RN that I once worked with told me about something like this happening to
her. She was working in a hospital at the time and given a patient an
injection of insulin (type?) and she went to re-cap the needle (bad idea)
and stuck herself. She didn't get very much insulin, but it did drop her
sugar. She started eating immediately and had to keep eating, I don't know
for how long, and drinking OJ. I know she told me what her blood sugar was,
I think she said in the 40's, but not sure. She almost passed out a couple
of times and was very tired the rest of the day. I know this is all hearsay,
but I trust her and don't think she would make this up or exaggerate either.

I also remember when I was taught how to inject an orange - one of the
things they kept stressing was to not have anyone else re-cap the syringe.
So maybe it can affect a non-DMer's blood sugar. I don't think I want to try
it on anyone though. 8o).

Jen and Cookie Monster
dx 1-9-00
pumping 9-1-01