Hi All:

Just wanted to share our good news.  Joe went to see Dr. Kaufman, his endo at
Children's Hospital in LA, yesterday.  We had great news.  You see Joe is 13
and was diagnosed in March 2000.  Started pumping Dec. 2000 and at that time
his hbg a1c was over 10.  Now 7 months after pumping his hgb a1c is 6.9!!!
We have finally gotten his dawn phenomena under control by adjusting his
4:00am basal. We are excited.  I wanted to say thank you to all for the great
tips and advise I receive from  reading all your postings.  I followed your
advise and purchased the Insulin-Pumping book and it was definitely worth it.

Ana (aunt to Joe 13 yr. old dx. 3/00 pumping since 12/00)