Re: [IP] Herbal remedies 'pose surgery risk'

> Part of the problem discussed on the Today show (not my opinion,
> just what I heard them talk about) is MANY doctors don't understand
> the herbs and their consequences.  The cases they discussed this
> morning, the patients DID tell docs.

More to the point, with many of the herb "potions" nobody understands
the effects and consequences -- many have never been studied and the
dose and quality vary from lot to lot and  manufacturer to
manufacturer. I'm not saying herbs are bad, just unknown in many
cases. This can and does raise many issues with medical treatment as
well as the side effects from the herbs themselves.