Re: [IP] Herbal remedies 'pose surgery risk'

This is one of those common sense things. You should tell your dr(s) about ANY medication your are taking before surgery, not just herbs. I've said this before and I'll say it again, herbs, if used properly and with the proper knowledge of interactions, etc (just like with regular medicine) work very well and are safe. You wouldn't go take a bunch of meds without knowing more
about them. Same applies to herbs (or should, anyway.) I've been using herbs and homeopathy for years on myself and my children with no ill effects but then again, I didn't just jump into it either. I studied them for a long time beforehand.
Just my 2 cents.

Take care, Kerri
http://www.geocities.com/southard8/photos11.html - meet Joseph Charles, born at home 3/22/01, 11 lbs, 21.5"
"May the warm winds of Heaven blow softly on your home, and the Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your moccasins make happy tracks in many snows, and may the rainbow always touch your shoulder." - Cherokee Blessing