Re: [IP] Questions from a Newbie (and a slight vent)

Jenn wrote:

<<First, if I want to wear a one-piece outfit (I have a favorite knit dress
that I wear a lot) how do I manage that?  Someone suggested a holder around
my leg, but doesn't that show?  Is it uncomfortable?  Will it slide and move

With a dress or one-piece jumpsuit I either wear my pump in a cami-bra
(similar to a sports bra) or clipped to bike shorts under the skirt.  This
has worked fine for me.  YMMV.

<<Second, the nurse educator told me that I now have to do between 10 to 12
blood tests a day, and keep a detailed log of everything I eat and drink,
how much of it, and everything I do.  ...Does anyone *really* do all that?
Of five other people I've talked to, only one person does some of it.  To be
honest, I don't have that kind of time.  If that's what its going to take to
use an IP, I don't think I'll be using it very long.>>

In the beginning frequent testing and writing down everything you eat may be
necessary to get basals and bolus ratios worked out.  I did all that in the
beginning, I still test frequently since it's the only way *I* feel
comfortable and safe, but I don't necessarily write everything down.  And,
my endo doesn't require that I do.   I do make notes if I have particular
problems with things so that I can discuss them with my endo or CDE at my
next visit.