[IP] bolus calculation

Your wrote 'My endo said she's
not that sure if she totally agrees with carb
counting.  I'm curious how other people decide on
their bolus.'
My response: Carb counting is what gives diabetics the
freedom to eat what they want instead of having to eat
a similar size meal each day.  I can't imagine NOT
carb counting.  My bolus is based on the carb count of
my meal, plus an adjustment if I am higher than I want
to be.  Minimed gave me a carb counting book when I
got my pump along with my user manual.  They obviously
feel it is a necessity.  By the way, my carb to
insulin ratio is different for each meal.  It is 1:10
for breakfast, 1:12 for lunch, and 1:15 for dinner.
Linda Bork
Pumping 5 1/2 years

Do You Yahoo!?