RE: [IP] changing sites

> My 10 year old son also uses Sils...the others are too long.  We
> change every 3 days.  Did have one site look red...put on some
> polysporin and no problem.

You should be careful about using a topical antibiotic on a possibly
infected site and assuming all will be OK. Infusion sites are "deep"
wounds and topical antibiotics do nothing except kill critters on the
skin and the entrance to the wound. Our doctor recommends applying a
hot compress at least twice a day and seeking immediate medical
attention of the infection shows any sign of worsening or does not
show signs of improvement withing 24 hours. It is rare, but this type
of infection can become life threatening very quickly and is not to
be taken lightly.