[IP] re: A1c Results, how pertinent?

We have had trips to the endo when my son'd meter record didn't look all
that great, but the A1c was better than expected. The endo told us that when
you test frequently, see your High numbers, and correct them then, you will
be doing well, overall. OTOH, if you see big numbers when you test, but
don't correct, then the A1c will of course be higher.

You did "earn" your A1c by correcting with boluses, I presume. I agree, it
was super low :-) Many non-diabetics aren't that low.