Re: [IP] Re: Handicap pass at Disneyland

I just went to a theme park yesterday- Islands of Adventure in Orlando, FL.
The lines were as long as 75 minutes, in the FL sun.  Let me tell you it was
hot and nasty.  I didn't use a handicapped pass, and noticed a couple people
in line in wheelchairs- I'm not sure if they don't give handicapped passes,
or if these people chose not to get one.  I'd just like to add my two cents
here and say that I have noticed, and not just yesterday, that when I'm in
the sun for long periods of time my bg's tend to run higher, and also the
inside of my pump tends to "sweat" a lot.  This happens at theme parks,
while hiking or boating, or whatever.  It's just another "down side" to
having dm I guess.  I'm not saying that I would or would not go for the
pass, I don't know.  It depends on each situation.  I am saying that I think
we have way to much to put up with in our lives that the extra hassle and
possibly higher bg's from waiting in the sun for hours on end is not
necessary.  We all deserve a break.  If some of us choose not to take it,
great for them, but we shouldn't berate anyone for choosing to take an
advantage for once.  I'm sure YMMV applies here, and for some people,
waiting in line is no biggie, while for others it's one more stresser that
they really can't put up with.  Even without the lines and hot sun, I
personally think that going to theme parks for a day is very stressful.
Figuring out how to keep the pump "waterproof", adjusting insulin doses for
walking and unfamiliar food, trying to figure out where to stick those
glucose tabs and granola bars without carrying a purse...We have so much to
deal with, so much more than "normal" people, that I really don't think it
can be considered "an excuse."  We do have a problem, and while it is
treatable, the treatment of it is not easy.  Why not take every advantage
that comes our way, since we get so few of them?