[IP] A1C Results--How pertinent are they?

I got my A1C from the other day--5.8!  Now that sounds great.  In fact, that's the best number I've had in fifteen
years, and I was quite proud of the 7.5 about a year ago.  The problem is, when I look at my log book I see crazy
numbers.  Ever since the birth of my son two months ago my control hasn't been very good. I seem to have one high in
the 200's or even 300's and one low in the 30's, 40's, or even 20's every day.  There doesn't seem to be any visible
pattern in what I eat or what time of day this happens either. Part of me wants to say, "Well the control and
complications trial thingy says that this 5.8 means you are doing okay!" But the rational part says, "Yeah right.
Averaging out a high and a low each day doesn't mean you are doing well."
I'm slowly working on figuring out where to tweak my basals and what to do about my carb ratio that seems to vary
during the day.  But it's sad to have such a good number and know you didn't really earn it and you can't really claim
it.  :(

Sherry C
>From the massive city of Bowling Green, KY
Who forgot where she was at lunchtime yesterday at work and had to be bullied into drinking juice and now one
co-worker seems afraid of her.