[IP] worn out site selections

I have a question for veteran shot-takers.  I took  insulin injections for 38 1/2
of my 39 years as a diabetic, and I stupidly over-used my thighs.  I would now like
to employ some of that easy-to-reach territory as infusion sites, but they seem
"worn out." ( I hit tender places, bg's are not good, etc. )  Some of you who have
been off shots for a while:  did your favorite MDI targets recover from the abuse
so you could use them as infusion sites, or should I just count on areas that were
never abused that way?

happily pumping since 01/02/2001