Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 22:39:54 EDT
From: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] sore site spot

  About the highs after site change....are you leaving the old site in for a
few hours or so after you insert the new one?  It is usually recommended to
do this because there is a little pool of insulin at the old site and you
want your body to have that insulin available to maintain BG levels.  If you
pull the old site out you generally will lose this insulin right out the hole
with the canula.  Try leaving the old site in for atleast a few hours or half
a day.  That way your body can use that insulin and the new site will start
building up it's own pool and your levels should maintain.  We learned this
with Josh so now it is just a matter of remembering to pull the old one later

Good Luck!

mom to Joshua