Re: Subject: Re: [IP] Stem cells...shame really

In a message dated 7/10/01 11:45:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> it was
> previously thought that you absolutely had to use the most "naive"  and
> "early" stem cells - embryonic - to be able to direct them into various
> functions.

Sharon, how do you 'direct' stem cells to go to a place you want them to?
This whole thing is really interesting to me and I'd really like to learn
more about it.

I feel bad that there are some people who would pass up the opportunity to
get a cure, if available, because they believe it's morally wrong.  Like so
many people stated before, these embryos are not ever going to make it to
become a baby and if we can 'use' them to help someone else live a life of
better quality, I feel they should do it.  For so many years, all they do is
just toss them out and now people have found a reason to keep them. I think
using them for good medical reasons is better than throwing them out.  And
when the time comes that they do use them to cure *my* diabetes, watch out...
I'll be first in line!!!
Elizabeth and 'Bruno' (Dis Dtron)
(started on Tinkerbell... Dis Htron)
Also using (nameless) Freestyle meter, works great!!!
Pumping since 4-21-01
Dx 10-01-81... Type 1
Florida.... Where it's so DARN HOT!!!!!!
Remember.... 'Diabetics are naturally sweet!!!!'
And... it's NOT the heat, it's the HUMIDITY!!! LMAO!!!