Re: [IP] Re: (Disney and airports)basal rates written

To Mary and all of the others whom I've read on this list about their basal
rates...As wonderful as this technology is and great the freedom that the
pump brings there will ALWAYS be that one time when something happens and
everything will go blank.  Hasn't happened with us yet but we are ALWAYS
ready for it.  I have had Joshua's basal rates written on a large Post-It and
placed on the inside of his log book since day one of pumping.  I could not
imagine trying to remember all of that.  I also have his Carb/Insulin and
BG/Insulin ratios all written down in there too.  This way Josh always knows
what is going on, we ALWAYS have it handy for all MD visits and if something
happened and I wasn't around everything would be there for someone else to

  I personally could not imagine NOT having this pertinent information
written down, espeically for a child, since their rates change so often from
growth.  Computer gadgets are GREAT...but the good ole-fashion pencil and
paper will never let you down!!!!

mom to Joshua