[IP] Progress in Diabetes

    I wish the thread on stem cells would end before it hurts feelings! On
Thu morning I will have a cataract removed from my left eye. It was caused by
53+ years of diabetes and an eye study I joined in 1972. It was a federal
study to find which laser was best to help stop blindness in diabetics. The
DR told me my left eye is bad because of the green laser they used on it.
They stopped the green 1 year in and went to the red ruby in 74. What has
this to do with stem cells? You see my brother went blind in 1957 from
diabetes. I assumed I would follow him. I have lived a long time fearing
blindness. I feel the research they do to day will help cure diabetes. I will
not tell you how I think about stem cells. It doesn't matter they will get a
cure sooner or later. I still drive my pickup every day and research in the
60's and 70's did that          Roger C (dx 12/1/47 pm 5/7/00 still dragging
the hockey puck in tow)