Re: [IP] Handicap pass at Disneyland

In a message dated 7/10/01 1:59:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> All it does is do a disservice to those of us who wish
> to show the world that we can compete on an even playing field and stand in
> line like everyone else!
> Jeanne K.

    OK, first I have to say that the person who made the comment about 'if
you're in a wheel chair, why ride the rides, was WAY out of line!!! However,
sometimes I just don't have comments for ignorance. (JMO)

     Secondly... Unfortunately, some of 'us' cannot compete... some of 'us'
don't have serious secondary complications and thank God they don't, but some
of 'us' do. IF someone chooses to get a 'special pass', no one around them
will know WHY they have it so saying that you are showing people 'we' are
fragile, etc.... I don't think so. Believe me, IF I went to Disney right now,
I'd seriously think of getting a pass because I AM frail! I have several
secondary complications and I cannot stand for long periods of time. When I
am out in the sun, I know that things are different for me. Plus, people who
live outside of FL who come to Disney during the summer have NO idea how hot
OUR sun is.  We are at sea level and the sun here is hotter. I'm not trying
to go on a rampage here, I just can't believe that there are people arguing
over things that are seriously NOT important.  So what ... they get to go
through a line a little faster, whoopee, big deal??!! If we're talking about
some serious health issue, then I can certainly understand the comments. <
stepping down>
   Oh, I know I'm going to get posts sent back in response to what I've said
... if you need to b**** me out ... send me a private email ... please.
Elizabeth and 'Bruno' (Dis Dtron)
(started on Tinkerbell... Dis Htron)
Also using (nameless) Freestyle meter, works great!!!
Pumping since 4-21-01
Dx 10-01-81... Type 1
Mom to Alexandra (10), who's not diabetic, thank God!!
Florida.... Where it's so DARN HOT!!!!!!
Remember.... 'Diabetics are naturally sweet!!!!'
And... it's NOT the heat, it's the HUMIDITY!!! LMAO!!!