[IP] Re: IP] Handicap Pass at Disneyland

Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 23:59:24 EDT
email @ redacted writes:

>I was talking to my husband about this and he >thinks the same way I do - he
>also added that if you have to get a handicap pass >why are you riding the
>rides anyway?  You are just like anyone else and I >am sorry if you have to
>stay out of the sun but that to  me is an allergy - not >a handicap.

There are many different types of disabilities, and Diabetes is recognized as one.
It does not prevent going on the rides, but in my case it causes my bgs to go haywire after being in extreme heat. For me, this has always been the case. YMMV

I also get on the airplane in the first group, so that I won't get my pump accidently ripped out in the boarding crowd, and so that I can store my carry-on with my medicine and pump supplies in an overhead near my seat. If  it got stolen it would be a real problem.