Re: [IP] Airport Security

>My MM rep suggested that I shouldn't call attention to
>the pump and security might not notice it. Does the
>pump set off the metal detector every time? I'm
>travelling next weekend, and I'm wondering if it's not
>just best to point it out to them, disconnect it and
>hand it to them. I've been reading the posts and
>getting more worried.

If I am careful with the other metal stuff (keys, coins, sun glasses, etc)
then the pump is not detected by the security systems (Newark NJ, Heathrow
London, Atlanta GA, Charlotte NC, Pittsburgh PA). I agree with your MM
representative. It is nothing special to the guards and you don't need to
point it out.