Re: [IP] Re: Stem Cell Research

Ed,

This is very well stated and consistent with my beliefs. By the way, I am a
Christian and the wife of a pastor. I believe in the sanctity of all life,
including plants and animals, but I believe we have the responsibilty to make
wise decisions. For me, that belief supports stem cell research.

What concerns me most about this discussion is the issue of "surplus" embryos.
I think using the stem cells in research, which will ultimately save lives, is
a good use. However,  I would hate to see the creation of embryos for the
purpose of research become a business in itself.

This is a very complex issue. One which we as humans may not see clearly and
completely. It is so important that we are informed and help inform others of
the facts in order to move beyond the emotion.

Kay