[IP] re: embryonic stem cell research

.  Even if
President Bush does not allow our tax dollars to pay for this research, the
research will still continue through private funding.
Teresa Covas email @ redacted

This is what I thought, also, until I spoke with my husband about it. He
works for a large medical and scientific research company. The problem is
this: most research projects use researchers affiliated with universities,
at least in part. Most universities get Federal funding. No mixing of funds
is allowed when there is a Federal Funding ban on some aspect of research.
Because of this, it becomes almost impossible to affiliate with University
research departments in those cases. So, private research is also dropped.
Too much of a legal headache. That is why Fedaral bans can be so