Re: [IP] Anyone taking a low-dose ACE to PREVENT kidney damage -- as opposed ...

In a message dated 7/9/01 10:59:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> beginning of June she started me on low-dose to
> prevent kidney damage.  She told me that she had went to a
> convention/conference and that all the doctors in her group will be placing
> their patients with kidney disease in family on this treatment because as
> diabetics we have such a tendency for kidney damage anyway. So...like you I
> have no high-blood pressure but am not taking ACE for prevention.

I had kidney problems before developing diabetes.  I do not have high blood
pressure but take 2.5 vasotec and a low dose aspirin for my kidneys.  I am
doing very well.