Re: [IP] How is DKA treated?

  We haven't had to deal with DKA in Josh either...knock-on-wood...but
getting the insulin in is only part of it.  Usually by the time a person is
in severe DKA they are also dehydrated so getting those fluid is VERY
important also.  And some of the body's other minerals can be thorwn out of
whack as well.  Things that only a blood test and other tests can determine.
But hopefully, if caught in time, things can be prevented early on.  I just
pray that Colby and his whole family will recover from this fast so we can
get them back to us here on the list.!!!

mom to Joshua