From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf
Of Sara Johnson (Volt)
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 5:17 PM
To: email @ redacted; email @ redacted
Subject: RE: [IP] Re: Stem Cell Research

Ginny,

I understand where you are coming from, but if you are in fact opposed
to the destruction of "embryos" at fertility clinics, then you need to
be writing to Mr. Bush to ban the use of in-vitro fertilization.  It is
not stem-cell research you are opposed to, but rather the conception of
zygotes in petri dishes.  These "embryos" are not up for adoption --
they are going to be destroyed.  I should hope they can be put to good
use.

I can think of no better way for a bunch of cells in a petri dish to be
used than to help, for example, cure my mother of her Multiple
Sclerosis, which is taking her life before our very eyes.  I can live
with my diabetes, but MS is going to kill her.

Which is the pro-life view, really?

Respectfully,

-Sara Johnson